The Louisiana Department of Education has partnered with NIET to offer 2021-22 Best Practices for Louisiana Schools training. The opportunity will support schools in leveraging five essential components that drive professional and student growth:
- Instructional Leadership Teams
- Teacher Collaboration
- Teacher and Learning Standards
- Principal Standards
- Career Pipeline
Each school may send up to five participants to the virtual training sessions. If preferred, in-person options will be available for select trainings on a first-come, first-served basis.
The requirements for the training are:
- Training session(s) around the selected components.
- Purchase and use of an online professional learning content library portal with videos and resources (EE PASS).
An additional requirement for all CIR schools (and optional for all other schools) includes:
- Two days of on-site and/or virtual coaching as a follow-up support to the training session(s).
Districts interested in this opportunity should contact Davita Lancelin (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Patrice Pujol (email@example.com) as soon as possible. An NIET team member will contact you to answer your questions and discuss possible options.
Please view the Agenda Page for scheduled trainings. Depending on your selections, you may be considering many factors in determining which dates work best. The Agenda page displays the in three different ways to help as you decide on the right date for your team.
- First, it lists the training schedule by best practice.
- Second, it lists the training schedule by date in a static table.
- Finally, it lists the training schedule in a table you can sort and filter based on different parameters.
Please note this information is based on scheduled trainings and may not reflect current availability. Trainings are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. They are capped for capacity and closed one week prior to the start date. When you access the registration system, you will only be able to register for currently available sessions.