Summer Evaluation Training
Strengthening evaluation to better support improvement and growth
Louisiana is updating evaluation systems for school leaders and educators to support improvement and growth. The new evaluation rubrics for school leaders and educators provide clear descriptions of effective practice and facilitate more effective feedback. The Louisiana Leader Rubric (LLR) and the Louisiana Educator Rubric (LER) provide:
- Clear descriptions of effective practice
- A transparent process that values self-reflection
- Feedback and resources for individual growth
- Opportunities to connect feedback with professional learning
Training Evaluators in Summer 2024
From June to September 2024, training will be provided on the Louisiana Leader Rubric and the Louisiana Educator Rubric for systems that opt to participate in the Evaluation Learning Year. A two-day training on the Louisiana Leader Rubric will be attended by school leaders and evaluators of school leaders. A three-day training on the Louisiana Educator Rubric will be attended by evaluators and designated observers of educators. (Previously certified NIET TLSR evaluators may qualify for a one-day training.) Educators will receive training in August on the Professional Learning Platform.
- Training on the new evaluation systems will take place in-person from June to September in each of the nine regions across the state.
- Louisiana Leader Rubric and Evaluation Training: two-day training for school leaders and evaluators of school leaders.
- Louisiana Educator Rubric and Evaluation Training: three-day training for evaluators or designated observers of school educators.
- NIET certified evaluators and designated observers may qualify for a one-day training. Approval must be granted from the local school system prior to registering for a one-day training.
- Training options for educators will be available in August on the LDOE Professional Learning Platform.
Contact email@example.com for registration support
Join us in making a meaningful impact on the future of Louisiana's students, educators, and leaders!