2020 NIET Founder's Award Ceremony and Award
May 19, 2020
Watch NIET Highlight Finalist Schools and Hear from School and District Leaders from Across the U.S.
NIET CEO Dr. Candice McQueen and President Dr. Josh Barnett were joined by principals and superintendents from across the country to highlight the five finalist schools for the 2020 NIET Founder's Award, with each school being awarded a $10,000 prize. At the end of the ceremony, NIET Chairman and Founder Lowell Milken announced Duplessis Primary School in Ascension Public Schools, Louisiana, as the winner of the $50,000 grand prize.
The Founder's Award recognizes exceptional efforts to implement and represent the principles of NIET's work. The recipient of this award serves as model of educator effectiveness best practices for their state, region, and the nation.
The five finalists were:
• Chinle Elementary School, Chinle Unified School District, Arizona
• Desert View Elementary School, Gadsden Elementary School District #32, Arizona
• Duplessis Primary School, Ascension Public Schools, Louisiana
• Slaton High School, Slaton Independent School District, Texas
• Slaughter Elementary School, East Feliciana Public Schools, Louisiana
Read the full story about the 2020 NIET Founder's Award finalists and the accomplishments that have established them as models of excellence.
- 2020 NIET Founder's Award Celebration and Announcement
- Candice McQueen
- Educator Observation/Evaluation
- Educator/Teacher Retention
- Instructional Coaching
- Josh Barnett
- Lowell Milken
- Principals & Administrators
- Professional Learning
- Student Achievement
- TAP System for Teacher and Student Advancement
- Teacher Leadership